press release- Burmese prodemocracy

Subject: press release- Burmese prodemocracy activists in India

The Hon' Prime Minister
Government of Japan
Tokyo
Through
His Excellency, The Ambassador
New Delhi

Date- 23th January 1999

Your Excellency,

We take this opportunity to appeal you respectfully as follows:

(1) Brig. General Kyaw Win Deputy chief of the office of strategic
studies of Myanmar's defense ministry is in Tokyo to exchange views with
Japan Government officials from 20th January to 30th January 1999.

(2) On this juncture we very cordially want to mention you that Grig.
Gen. Kyaw Win is a representative of an illegal government,  which is
ruling Myanmar after killing thousand of peaceful demonstrators
including Buddhist monks in 1988.

(3) They have not yet shown any respect for the people and the political
party, the National League for Democracy, which won more than 80% of
parliamentary seats in the 1990 elections.

(4) Not only this they have shown not any concrete sign, which shall
lead the country to a Democratic nation anyway. How ever they are
notorious all over the world for breaking their promises. The United
Nations and International communities have often and again denounced
then for their Human rights violations and drug drillings.

(5) Government of Japan has provided them a loan of 2.5 billion Yen and
again 800 million Yen in the year 1998, these assistance have not lead a
single step ahead towards the establishment of a democratic government
which would redress the grievances of the people of Burma (Myanmar).

(6) As such we request your Excellency not to entertain the
representative of an illegal government and not to provide them any
financial support in the name of people of Burma (Myanmar).

(7) If any support of Burmese (Myanmar) people is provided that should
be given in the consultation with NLD leaders, who are the real
representative of people of Burma (Myanmar).

(8) We on behalf of the Burmese pro-democracy activists in India
fervently hope that our appeal would meet a deep consideration by Hon'
Prime Minister of the Government of Japan.

Thanking you,

We are
Burmese pro-democracy activists in India.