Best Western Hotels Out of Burma!!!

Subject: Best Western Hotels Out of Burma!!!  - Action Alert

BEST WESTERN HOTELS Continues to Invest in Burma!      Let them know that,
as someone who is concerned about democracy and human rights, you will not
patronize any of their hotels until they withdraw from Burma.    Aung San
Suu Kyi and the NLD have repeatedly insisted that companies stop all
investment in Burma until democracy has been achieved.     Best Western has
chosen to put profit first and has ignored these calls.

Log on to Best Western's Website  http://www.bestwestern.com/   and then
click "send an email" in the side bar.      Send them a note expressing your
concern.    A sample is below.    You can also call at (800)780-7234.

Dear Best Western:

I am writing to express my dissappointment that Best Western has chosen to
continue to invest in the Southeast Asian nation of Burma.    Dozens of
corporations have already withdrawn from the country because they see that
by continuing to invest there, they are only helping to prop up the nation's
ruthless military regime.

Upon withdrawing from Burma in 1991, Levi Strauss & Co stated "It is not
possible to do business in [Burma] without directly supporting the military
regime and its pervasive violations of human rights."

My family has often stayed at Best Western Hotels.  HOWEVER, UNTIL BEST
WESTERN CUTS ALL TIES FROM BURMA, I WILL NO LONGER PATRONIZE ANY OF YOUR
HOTELS AND ENCOURAGE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO DO THE SAME.

Sincerely,