AI HR Quote of the Day (r)

Hi Dawn Star,

Poor you, it's me again!

 Of
> course, the financial press, is disgusting in its oversight. The weekend
> FT (Financial Times) could care less about HR Day, and not a story in
> the paper all week, not that I could see, nor in the Wall STreet Journal
> Europe.

Off the top of my head (without looking through any back issues), the FT
had a long article on p18 of the edition of 10 December (marking the 50th
anniversary of the signing of the UDHR) by Geoffrey Chandler, the
chairman of Amnesty UK Business Group, on how business ethics relate to
human rights. In the same issue, there were two articles on p4 about
political repression in China. And in the weekend edition (the 12th),
there were two articles about the Pinochet affair on p3, where there was
also an article about the human rights situation in Cuba. Also there was
on p9 a long article about the implications of the Pinochet arrest on
future international human rights legislation and the International
Criminal Court. You may not like the lack of political bias of the FT but
it is unfair to claim that it neglects human rights issues or ignored the
anniverary of the signing of the UDHR. I expect if I took the bother to
look I would find several other such articles. Please try not to be so
prejudiced and factually incorrect in future.

 Perhaps I missed it but think not, the FT lead headliner today
> is "Pinochet takes defiant line at court hearing", and this, "I am
> Augusto Pinochet Ugarte. I was a commmander in chief of the army, the
> capitan general of Chile, president of the republic and actually I am at
> the moment a senator of the republic." That, stated at a preliminary
> bail hearing, to set the date for the next hearing.

The FT was just stating factually what was said at the hearing. Do you
object to facts being accurately reported?

Thank you for the entertainment with which you never fail to provide me
:-)