Indian Express (New Delhi): Decembe

Subject: Indian Express (New Delhi): December 4, 1998

Khin Nyunt's view on sports is somehow different from his predecessors'.
During the time of BSPP, a popular theme for sportsmanship is "Competing is
more important than winning a game."  The following article captured this
difference.  This typical speech by Khin Nyunt might reflect his inner
impulse for being a winner in all games he involved.  He didn't say a single
thing about the importance of being fair and just  during the Asian Games.

As an ordinary citizen, I would urge our athletes to bring a good name for
being the cleanest players rather than medals achieved by good or crooked
means.

Kyaw Kyaw Htut
Indiana

**************************************
Doing what you like is freedom.
Liking what you do is happiness.
***********Read Somewhere  in India***********
Promising athletes from Myanmar

YANGON: A senior leader of Myanmar's military government has urged the
country's athletes to fulfill their national duty and bring back medals from
the 13th Asian Games opening Sunday in neighbouring Thailand.

Lt. Gen. Khin Nyunt, the powerful head of military intelligence and chairman
of the National Olympic Council, was quoted today in official newspapers as
saying Myanmar's team should strive not just for experience, but medals.

``We are sending promising athletes who will bring top honuor for the
country,'' Khin Nyunt said. ``Bearing in mind that a national duty has been
laid upon you, Myanmar athletes must try their utmost to bring home
medals.''