The regime changed high school exam (r)

Subject: Re: The regime changed high school exam system to hinder student

activities
To: burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx

RE: The regime changed high school exam system to hinder student
    activities

>Previously centralized exam system  the whole 10th grade students >take
same question sets at the same timehas been replaced with >regional exam
system.

>Respective universities in cities of seven states and divisions will
>undertake the exam regionally. Ten universities will develop the
>question sets for the students in their respective regions for their
>high school exams, which has been renamed as University entrance exam.
Comments:
========
Firstly, it appears that the sole objective of this change is to
effectively tighten the screws for the regional commanders so that
action against individual region can be taken when there is anti-SPDC
activities in high schools in the future.

Seconly, recent plan to decentralise the 10th grade examination system
in Burma will essentially downgrade the quality of our education system
further.

The PC(Political Committee) headed by Khin Nyunt seems not to be
bothered by all these but to systematically plan and spread its
control nationally and politically.

This has become apparently clear when another cabinet reshuffle was
announced on the 14 November 1998. Ohn Gyaw was retired and Khin Nyunt's
trusted ambassador to Britain, Win Aung was appointed as Minister of
Foreign Affairs. Another major addition to cabinet line-up was the
appointment of Khin Nyunt's associate Lt.Gen Tin Hla as a third deputy
prime minsiter while he continues to serve as minister of military
affairs. (Overtime, we can still expect some more retirements within the
SPDC as well as from the cabinet line-up).

While Khin Nyunt's PC may have the right to prepare the way they seem
appropriate within their own boundary, one must be aware that, when it
comes to terms, the genuine will of the entire people of Burma will
still continue to play a major role in shaping the mix of future
government cabinet line-up and legislature the majority of which wil be
from the NLD party which had a clear mandate from the people in the May
1990 general elections.

The arrest, torture and the threat will no longer be able to wear down
the spirit of the NLD and the people who supported the party's
leadership. There is no wishful thinking here when it come to that.
People are just listening to the advice of the NLD not to confront
the SPDC.

Enough lessons have been learnt. There is no way that the SPDC/SLORC
alone will never be allowed to run the country ever again let alone be
allowed to keep the present SPDC's cabinet line-up.

All military personals will have to go back to their barracks except
those who are allowed to join hands with the NLD while some of them
would have to leave the uniforms first before doing so.The only way is
through peaceful dialogue.

In soliderity with the NLD,

Minn Kyaw Minn

>From owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx Thu Nov 12 22:38:38 1998