UN Envoy in Burma (r)

Re: UN Envoy in Burma
=====================

We would like to express our sincere thanks to the United Nations and
its special envoy, Alvaro de Soto for his effort to bring about the two
opposing sides in Burma together and hopefully this would encourage them
to meet eye-to-eye and talk.

I would like to believe that he has brought with him a well prepared
proposal packaged by the UN with plans to discuss with both the leaders
of the NLD and the SPDC.

We hope the present political situation in Burma will soon improve after
this historic meeting. "People of Burma" in general and the NLD MPs and
members in particular have suffered long enough and are patiently
waiting to see if there would be light at the end of the tunnel after
this UN's attempt to mediate.

May we have peace in Burma at last.

Minn Kyaw Minn
==============

>From owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx Tue Oct 27 23:27:07 1998
>Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:19:29 +0500
>From: chan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Sender: owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx
>Subject: UN Envoy in Burma
>To: burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx, maykha-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>        myanmar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>UN Envoy in Burma
>BBC News : Asia Pacific
>
>The United Nations special envoy, Alvaro de Soto, who's visiting
>Burma, has met the foreign minister, Ohn Gyaw in the capital, Rangoon.
>
>Mr De Soto is also expected to meet the head of the military
>government, General Than Shwe and the opposition leader, Aung San Suu
Kyi.