wish...

BrInG mE mY sAfFrOn rObE. ToDaY i wIlL mAtCh mY cOlOr wItH eVeRyBoDy..
						(Rabindranath Tagore)

Dear all Burmese brothers and sisters and concerned friends:

Isn't it a shame that we are barking and kicking one another in this way?
It's absolutely unpleasant and horrifying to learn what's going on. I
believe my sudden raise may be surprising to some of you.  Forgive me for
not voicing a word or comment before. But please remember, being quiet
doesn't mean that I (as one of those quiet revolutionists) don't care
what's going on with our struggle or am avoiding my duties.

Brothers and sisters, let me start by raising a few questions.

(1) What have we achieved as ONE united group (outside Burma)?
 - Please don't list the awards that Daw Aung San Suu Kyi received or
    names of the Burmese action groups all over the world, numerous
    statements by different groups.

(2) Which organization (outside Burma) is leading our so-called
    "revolution" and how many percentage of revolutionists are
    following its command? How many members are in each one of those
    unaccountable Burmese organizations all over the world?
 - Please don't mention "we, as groups, together issue the statement and
    stage protests."

(3) Shall we continue our struggle in this back-stabbing and
    hair-splitting way?
 - Please don't say that we are trying to rid out those corrupt
    politicians or naming their evils. My belief is if we are united as a
    group or consistent with our principles, no one will dare take
    advantage or corrupt.

(4) What is the problem with brain drain? Has any organization
    successfully attracted those educated Burmese students/scholars to
    rejoin?
 - Please don't denounce their achievements or seeking more experience in
    their professional fields. We should even be proud of their
    achievements.If today they can't work with us, shall we try to make
   them come tomorrow or shall we chase  them away?

Brothers and sisters, as we all know, we are suffering more or less the
same emotional distress as long as we are away from our motherland and our
loved ones, and under the unreliable regime. Instead of recalling our past
sour relations, bitterness and mistakes, let us walk and work hand in hand
for our beloved land and people. Forget and forgive our immaturity,
misjudgment and mismanagement in the past.

We all learned or heard from our parents the story about Phayar Alaung
Khoe Min. Why did Khoe (pigeons) die in the hunter's trap? As we all Know,
they accused, tortured and killed one another instead of trying to work
together to free themselves from the trap. Shall we finish our struggle in
this way? Remember how many of our colleagues have lost their livesin that
way. No need to say why we are scattering and having too many problems. We
all know that we are lacking a stable political atmosphere or an institute
which can guide us to reach our ultimate goals. This is the basic path we
need to redesign and follow. I personally believe it's not too late nor
too early to correct and straight up all our mistakes. Please stop
pointing a finger at one another. Simply admit that we all are responsible
for the mistakes that have been made. Let's not blame a particular person
or group for them.

What shall we do and how will we solve our basic problems before we try to
save the faith of people in our beloved land? Let's find out how we all
can stand up and walk together again. You all will agree that our
revolution will never be achieved unless we can establish mutual respect,
friendship, understanding, trust and a united solidarity force.
Frankly speaking, isn't it embarrassing we are just denouncing and
discrediting our own souls?

All in all, I would like to request that everyone try to come up with
solutions or strategies for our basic problems listed above while we are
working hard for individual advancement or concerns for the struggle.
Let's cheer for those who have accomplished their educational and/or
career goals, give a hand to those who are in need and encourage those who
once committed mistakes to correct them. Meanwhile, you, I and every
Burmese who are in free lands should and must take a chance to pursue
education and seek knowledge as much as we can. Isn't it wonderful and
encouraging that many Burmese friends are free from fear and able to
continue their lives and have opportunities to gain more knowledge in the
US, Australia, Canada, etc.?

So try to learn something which will be valuable and useful for our
motherland. Indeed, our essential task of today is to advance the brain
power and make a concentrated effort to improve individual thinking,
performance and execution for effective teamwork. With positive attitude
and professional manner, let's discuss needed issues for ourselves and our
beloved motherland.

I look forward to your generous comments.
May all you and your loved ones be well and in peace.

with respect & regards;

Zaw...
Instructional Systems Technology
Indiana University Bloomington