CLUB MED IN BURMA?

In an AFP wire of 3 Oct, on Britain's push for more sanctions on Burma,
there was a reference to Club Mediteranee:

"France in particular is strongly opposed to economic sanctions and could
>>resist Britain's proposals on tourism.
>>
>>French tour operator Club Med is one of the major foreign investors in
Burma's
>>tourist industry".
>>
>>©AFP 1998

Does anyone out there know whether Club Med has any activities in
Burma,either on the ground or arranging tours?.

The last time I looked, a couple of years ago, they were thinking of it,
but decided not to go ahead at that time.

Perhaps someone could track down the author of the AFP piece (Luxembourg 3
October) "Britain launches push for EU curb on Myanmar tourism", ask where
the info came from and follow up.

Info, please to David Arnott <darnott@xxxxxxxxxxx)