Real NMSP' statement on NLD: An exa

Hi Panya Mon,

Thanks for sharing the true attitude of NMSP with us.
Also thanks for unmasking the truth behind the fake attitude NMSP which was
previously posted by SPDC-agent, Okkar, as manipulated by his principal.

This debate of whether Okkar's postings are credible information should be
intensified so that the Burmanet community can make a clear decision upon
whether they should boycott Burmanet for carrying such distorted infos to
mislead the Burma Watchers.  My opinion is Burmanet must prevent SLORC-agents'
manipulated reports for they are readily available on Myanma webpage and
people who like to explore truth from these dirty info are not restricted to
execute their will.  But Burmanet should protect the occurrance of down-spiral
which is generated by its accomodating news room to SPDC's propagandas despite
of its obvious availity on the web.  I renewed my last year proposal for
banning Okkar's reports under the given circumstances.

No more literary fascism but more room for free and fair expression of news
and views.

Sincerely,

Myo Thant

nyap01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< 3. We believe that the political problems must be solved by means of
 politics.   We also believe that all political deadlocks of democratic and
 ethnic problems must be solved peacefully by means of dialogue.   In
 addition, the current political situation in Burma also demands for a
 political dialogue.   This is the best and only way to solve the political
 problems in our country peacefully.   Therefore, we, the New Mon State
 Party, sincerely call the military government to arrange for an initiative
 of political dialogue, if it really wants to create a discipline democratic
 Burma.

 Date: August 18, 1998

 Central Executive Committee
 The New Mon State Party