DEAR SPDC -AN APOLOGY

"The present Myanmar Government ...had managed to put the country back on
its feet ."  INFORMATION SHITE, No.A. 0589 (I)                     2
September 1998

Dear SPDC,
please may I apologise for all who have criticised your wonderful
progressive government.  Yes, you are right, national security does take
precedence and we are wrong to criticise you.  It is obvious that the
majority of the country in the 1990 elections ticked the wrong box: imagine
their surprise when they realised they had accidentally voted for freedom
and democracy!

It is clear to me now that the people of Myanmar exist as your personal
slaves and enjoy the privelege of this.  Indeed, forced labour gets those
lazy peasants out of the field and into work - when they die, or when their
fields go to waste they leave this world with a smile because they know
they are serving their country.

Burma for the Burmans at the exclusion of the other peoples is obviously
the best policy as well: it may have created a conflict almost since
independence, but the misguided people are now seeing the light and are
making up for the wrong that they did in the past.  Only the foolish Karen,
plus some other groups, are still labouring in darkness - how stupid of
them to want rights and not to be marginalised and forgotten - why do they
not see that the country is better if the Karens and others do not have
their own voice within it?

I also see now why people must be arrested and denied their rights.  Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi (I forget her name sometimes - isn't it Mrs Aris (infected
with ALIEN blood), the monkey, or the foreign-depenent skinny person) was
silly to travel across the country - I have such freedom in Britain and it
is very dangerous, I can tell you.  You were right to stop her from
travelling - the Karen might have travelled to the other side of the
country to kill her (she IS the daughter of the national hero, the late
Aung San), or she might have spoken to some members of her party and caused
global nuclear war.
I also see why you arrest people for talking about a plane crash (what
could be more dangerous for the people?), or handing out leaflets (they
might cause paper cuts).

Massive deforestation to get money to buy weapons is also good -how would
the people be protected against the evil pro-democracy movement, armed with
their deadly leaflets, without such weapons.  It does not matter that this
threatens the lives of many many people in the future.

I see why your country denies many many freedoms and kills its own people -
it is for the good of the people, and is necessary for the bringing of
democracy - how silly of me and many others in the west not to realise.

So, on behalf of those in the west who have spoken out against your regime,
I apologise, and I hope that your rule is long and prosperous (if you
manage to stay in power for another fifty years you might be able to get
rid of all the people: then you will have a perfect country - just imagine!)

yours,
Owain M. Gower
A student.