BBC-Foreign diplomats meet Burma op (r)

Re: BBC-Foreign diplomats meet Burma opposition

>Senior government spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel Hla Min, said the
>NLD's plans could derail national security.
>
>"We could have a lot of problems on our hands. That leaves the
>government with not much choice but to prevent the from NLD taking
>that stance, " the colonel said.
>
>Hla Min said that the government found the NLD's policies "detrimental
to the interests of the man on the streets".

>The overwhelming majority of people in Myanmar are not obsessed with
>politics.
>
>"They don't see the periodical right to vote and the chance to >express
their political desires openly and freely as the number one >thing in
this country. That will probably come when we are at a more >developed
stage," he said.

Speak for yourself. You know, all you have said are lies. The
overwhelming majority of the people in Burma are not politically naive
as you appeared to be.

You know very well that even under the most repressive military
dictatorship the people of Burma have courage to express their political
desires openly many times and they will do it again if the need arises.
All the protests came primarily because of the misrule of the successive
military regime and their failure to return to the democratic rule, not
to mention the nepotism, corruption, and the
failures of their economic policies that brought hardship to the man on
the streets.

These are just some of the problems that the present and the past
military regime have failed to address and trying to pass it all to the
next generation of military 'yes-men'. Their hands are full and they are
filling it with some more at an exponential rate. This won't work. All
thinking minds will realise that this is true. So, it's time that we see
things clearly when we still have time rather than beating about the
bush. The time for change is now.

The world around us have changed. We cannot isolate ourselves from the
world or from our neighbours anymore. Everywhere, governments are now
having hardtimes pleasing the more and more demanding populace. You
cannot rule by force anymore. Time has changed. In this era of
Information Technology, you cannot close the eyes and ears of the
people.

Minn Kyaw Minn