BBC-Burmese authorities threaten op (r)

Re: BBC- Burmese authorities threaten opposition

We have this to say to the generals of the SPDC:

Very recently, we noticed Ne Win's sudden but indirect appearance in the
media. Don't listen to Ne Win's recent "father-son" talk in the paper,
"NLM".

The generals of the Burmese army should think twice before they are
being lured into commiting a new crime. The responsible persons of the
1988 crisis like Ne Win and Saw Maung have retired and have long
disppeared from the scene and Sein Lwin is dead now. We don't want to
see any of the SPDC generals be put to carry all the troubles they have
caused.

Remember, the job of good soldiers is to protect the people and their
will. People are your employers not Ne Win or anybody.

Threats do not solve problems. If anything happened to Daw Aung San Suu
Kyi and the leaders and members of the NLD party this time, the top five
leaders of the SPDC would be held responsible. The blame would be
permament and will be irrevocable. Trying to avoid the problems at hand
and reverting to hard-line stance will not only create more problems
within the country but also affect the stability in the region.

I therefore urge the SPDC not to throw away the opportunity to reach a
compromising situation. The SPDC can still save its face at the same
time. The time for change is now. It is absolutely unwise for the SPDC
to commit another crime at this time.

As for the NLD:

People are being threatened all the time in Burma and anyone can be
arrested or imprisioned so long as SPDC/SLORC is in control. Everybody
knows that. That's nothing new in Burma.

It's natural that the NLD is well prepared for the worst. So, is every
one else in Burma.

May may we have peaceful settlement in Burma.

Minn Kyaw Minn