Flame

Dear Burmanet editor,

  I found the response from MMAung to your letter(Flame) sent to him on
the net. I requested MMAung to forward your letter to me because I wanted
to know the policy of Burmanet clearly and how his postings were against
the policy of burmanet.  I read all his postings and your letter
carefully.  I didn't agree with some of his ideas, but, generally, his
postings were well-written with good intentions. I don't understand why
you got offended by his articles.

  At the same time, you let some inflamatory postings with profanity and
gay-bashing pass on the net.  I found your policy was indistinct and
unclear. I got a letter from MMAung concering with access to Burmanet. I
need your clarification to clear my confusion.

  Needless to say, Bill of Rights is the core of US constitution, the
supreme law of the land, and it distinguishes itself among other
constitutions around the world.  I hope not MMAung was blocked to get
access to burmanet freely by you.

  The burmanet is valuable for all parties to express their different
views and ideas about political, cultural, social, and economical issues
of Burma. It is like a mirror which reflects truly the current situations
of Burma and where Burma is going. It provides us  understanding,
acceptance, and tolarence to different views and ideas. Thr role of you is
important accordingly. However, the role of you is not to side with any
particular group and block the postings of people who happened to be
against the group who hired you.  It defines the true color of editor.  I
hope we won't hear again any kind of censorship from you.  Instead, you
should promote the culture where anybody can express his/her opinion
without fear from bashing, presonal attack with low blows, and blockade to
access to net. It is an incredible career as an editor of burmanet to
promote democratization of Burma, seeing the whole history of struggle of
Burmese people, isn't it?

  Enjoy your job and have a nice day.

best regards,

Myint Hlaing