Date: 20 Aug 1998 20:12:43
Subject: Re: The Costs of failing to Prevent Another Uprising
To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Ko Aung Soe,
                                 My position is crystal clear. I want to
see
progress in Burma, a nation where I grew up.But I don't see
confrontation
and political violence as the keys to democratic reforms.
If you assumed that I was blaming NLD for refusing to talk with SPDC,
you
were making a  blunder. It's as easy as counting peas to understand
who's
twisting the truth, NLD or SPDC?And the world knows it.If SPDC twists
the
truth by faking a dialogue with NLD, the world will know it.

As for me, I want to see no more bloodshed in Burma.These people
claiming to
cause demonstrations and stage another uprising are not in Burma. If
there
had to be somebody to be hurt, it'd be the people inside who'd be hurt
first.

Name change means nothing to me.Burma and Myanmar are the same
things.Calling Burma as Burma doesn't mean one is a patriot.Calling
Burma as
Myanmar doesn't make one a betrayer either.As I'm not an activist, I
don't
care.All I care is I want to see progress made in my country by means of
open dialogues free of any conditions.

Seeing is believing.You have your right to judge me.You saw me as a
different person who twisted the truth.I'm not angry you saw me that
way.
But I know what I stand for and what I've posted on the Net so far ,to
my
knowledge, hs never been anything appreciated by SLORC or SPDC. Many of
my
postings have been rare and authentic intelligence reports based on the
official data I have access to.And I know and have been informed that my
postings have been useful not only to the opposition, campaign activists
and
researchers but scholars worldwide.

Thank you for your opinion anyway.

Sincerely,