Detained prisoners of conscience in

Dear netters,
  When 18 foreigners were arrested in Burma for distributing leaflets, the
whole net has been flooded with condemnation or appeal to SPDC to release
them immediately. Don't worry!  They will be OK.  Their respective
governments will do their best for their freedom or at least lineancy from
SPDC.  If you want to protest in front of the embassy with 18 candle
light, that's OK too. Don't worry about Daw ASSK, who is sitting in the
van with enough food and water. She'll be safe and sound.  If you want to
write endlessly your concern on the net as the sky is falling on earth right
 away, that's OK too. When two and only two of so-called FTUB members were
arrested recently the whole damn naive labor unions from different
countries condemned the SPDC and urged for their immediate release.
  Let's get real. There are about 1500 (maybe more) political prisoners
in different prisons in Burma. Less than 5% of them are from NLD.  How
about the rest?  The truth of the matter is they were technically
forgotten. Maybe sometimes they would be mentioned roughly and
superficially in looking-good-statements issued by different
organizations, urging military government to release political prisoners
unconditionally.  That's about it. Those prisoners were true unsung heros.
They have been in prisoners since 1988. Among them, the true labors
leaders (not fake ones like Maung Maung), students, monks, intellectuals,
and people who have been in struggle against milatary/one-party
dictatorship for their whole life. Good people, nice people, family
people,dedicated people, respected people.  At the same time, they are
little guys without big names. I just wonder why 1500 candles light cannot
be lit in front of Burmese embassies.
  Let me tell you two tragic stories of two families.  If you want, I can
tell you so many stories of unsung heroes.  Dr. Zaw Min has been in prison
since 1988 for his active role in 1988 uprising.  His younger brother, Zaw
Khine was also arrested and became a person with mental problem because of
torture he received in Jail. He came to border area and disappeared.
Another brother Zaw Htun, a final year medical student of Institute of
Medicine II, participated during 1988 uprising very actively, was killed
by so-called revolutinary ethnic armed group in the jungle for his
different view with people in power in jungle. How could their parents
get consoled for their unspeakable loss.
 Another sad story was about Daw Kyi Kyi, wife of Thakin Zin who had given
his whole life for fighting military government, until he was killed by
army in his last battle at Pegu Yoma, her daughter Ma Don, Ma Don's
husband Ko Moe Win who was detained a considerable numers of years several
times prior to 1988, and Ko Moe Win's father U Soe Win, the brother of Bo
Zay Ya (Thirty commarades member). Daw Kyi Kyi was over 70 years old and
techanically blind. What kind of harm can this frail and weak old woman
bring to SPDC? U Soe Win passed away in jail.  U Soe Win's friend, Bo Set
Yaung who is father of my brotherly friend Ko Khin Maung Thaw, once a
political prisoner in1970s), also passed away in jail. Another two
persons, who were friends of them, namely U Khin Maung Myint and U Nyo Win
also passed away in prison. The last two persons were 1962 students
leaders and founder of People Progressive Party, banned by SLORC before
1990 election. Their friend, U Hla Shwe, one of 1962 student leaders, was
still in prison since 1988.  He was arrested more than three times and
served long-term imprisonment prior to his last arrest. I can tell you
endless stories of other prisoners for their dedication for the cause. As
a former political prisoner, I can see their situation in jail and
shattered family life of theirs.
  Don't cry for Daw ASSK and 18 foreigners.  You know they be OK. Just cry
for those unsung heroes in prisoners.  They don't have international
support and voice behind them. I hope this article will contribute in some
ways for their freedom and family reunion.
  I salute them with all my heart and tears. This article is dedicated to
them.

Myint Hlaing