Myanmar Rallys on 8.8.89 (r)

RANGOONP@xxxxxxx writes:

>  A joint statement by pro-democracy dissident groups called on the junta to
>  enter into political dialogue with the National League for Democracy (NLD)
led
>  by 53-year-old Nobel peace laureate Suu Kyi. They also called for
parliament
>  to be convened in accordance with an NLD ultimatum to the junta to convene
by
>  Aug. 21 a parliament of lawmakers mandated by the 1990 elections, in which
the
>  NLD won a landslide victory but which the junta annulled.

                                           Information Sheet

                     No. A-0544(I/L) 7th               August 1998

                                        Invitation Turned Down

On behalf of the Government, the Deputy Minister for Home Affairs Brig-Gen.
Myint Maung extended an invitation to U Aung Shwe (Chairman of the National
League for Democracy) for a meeting this morning.

The meeting is going to take place on the 8th August at the Office of the
Ministers on the Theinbyu Road in Yangon. Chairman U Aung Shwe has been
invited to engage a frank and cordial talk to develop a better understanding
as well as confidence-building between the two sides.

To the regret of the Government, however, the NLD Chairman turned down the
invitation.

***********

This is the second time the NLD leaders have turned down the invitation.

>  Khin Maung Zaw, head of the Burma Youth Volunteer Association, said in a
>  speech that Suu Kyi has time and again proved she is an able leader and
that
>  ''we (Myanmars) can do no wrong by following her.''

I would like to ask U Khin Maung Zaw two questions. It is not needed to reply
me. Just answer for yourself. The questions are:

What is the last one of the five  obligations of  the sons and daughters which
was make known to every Burmese children in Myanmar tradition?

Who can't follow that obligation of the Myanmar tridition?

ok