49-60 Borough Road
London SE1 1DS
UNlTED KINGDOM
BY FAX AT: (44.171)357 78 71
                2   PAGE(S)
Our ref:	(74003)

BURMA

Dear David,

Thank you for drawing to our attention the situation of U Khin Kyaw of the
Seafarers' Union of 8urma and of U Myo Aung Thant of All-Burma
Petrochemical Corporation Union, which was previously unknown to us.

We have sent the following letter to the Burmese junta and have asked our
member unions to do the same in order to add to your own pressure. Although
we've missed the APEC meeting, I hope that this will still assist. We will
certainly pursue the case.

With best wishes,
Yours fraternally,
Vic Thorpe
General Secretary

Avenue Emile de Be'co 109  B-1050 BrusseIs-BeIgium Tel +322 6262O2O Fax 32
2 64843,16 internet ICEM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx