Poetry & writings for 8/8/88 annive

Dear Friends,

	Friends of Burma (Newfoundland and Labrador) will be marking
the anniversary of the 8/8/88 uprising with a day of banner hangings
and street theatre to reach the public in St. John's.  To finish the
day, we'll hold an evening of readings of Burmese activist poetry,
writings and accounts of the struggle for freedom, human rights and
peace.
	I'm writing to request any material (esp. poetry, but also
other writings including personal accounts) which you may have written
or know of, which you would like us to read that evening.  (Full
credit will of course be given.)  We hope to cap off the day with a
fitting reminder of the sufferings of Burma's peoples and the bravery
exhibited in thier struggle.
	Thanks in advance for your contributions.  In solidarity,

Ed Hudson
Co-ordinator, Friends of Burma (Newfoundland and Labrador)

Ed Hudson                           |
Department of Chemistry             |"Never was so great a mistake made
Memorial University of Newfoundland | as by the man [sic] who did
St. John's, NF A1B 3X7, Canada      | nothing because he thought he
(709) 737-8753/2534                 | could do so little"
ehudson@xxxxxxxxx                   |               -Edmund Burke
u54edh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            |