"Free Burmese Unionist" Supported b

SNPNC
Syndical National du Personnel Navigant Commercial

LS.98/72S-CC

by fax: 95 1 22950

General Than Shwe
Prime Minister of Burma

Paris, le 29 Juillet 1998

Mister General Than Shwe,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Syndicat National du Personnel
Navigant Commercial, the French Union which represents the cabin crew of 36
different French airlines.

To our knowledge U Khin Kyaw (Union of Burman Seamen) and U Myo Aung Thant
(Union of All Burma Petrol chemical Corporation) are still behind hairs
because of their activities as trade unionists.

We are urging you Mister General, to personally intervene for the release
of these two people, to put an end to the arrests of trade unionists and
for the implementation of democracy in Burma.

Yours sincerely,

Jean-Claude CEBELIEU
President of the SNPNC

6, rue' CaroIine  75017 PARIS / Tel: 01 (33) 01 44 70 20 0O - Fax: (33) 01
44 70 20 10 afflilied ITF" era' Ia ESTUE / CCP Paris 2884- 25T- SIRET-)
784578353 00046 -APE 9127