8.8.98 RE-CREATE '88

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:10:44 +0100 (BST)
Subject: 8.8.98 RE-CREATE '88

PLEASE PERSUADE AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO JOIN US.

RE-CREATE '88  - GLOBAL ACTION ON BURMA

On:     Saturday 8th August 1998
        11am prompt-12 noon

At:     The South Bank, Queens Walk (Just west of Hungerford Bridge).
        Nearest tube Waterloo or Embankment

On 8 August 1988 (8.8.88) the people of Burma took to the streets in a
peaceful nation-wide general strike for democracy.  The Military responded
with crushing brutality.  This year marks the tenth anniversary of 8.8.88.

In London we will be staging a street theatre portrayal of the massacre
that took place in Burma and we really need you to come and participate.
The event is designed to inform the public of the events of 1988 and to
provide a photo opportunity for media. If possible please come wearing a
white t-shirt and bring some red ribbon with you.

Tel 0171 359 7679

Please could you also consider making the time to write a letter to Robin
Cook to protest the lack of appropriate UK Government action on Burma as
the country rapidly approaches crisis point. If enough of us write they
will have to pay attention. The address is Rt Hon. Robin Cook MP, Foreign
Secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, King Charles Street, London
SW1A 2AH. Please write today!

THANK YOU