special report on RFA Burmese secti

After reading the posting, I found it was a well-written with good
intention but with severe flaws in facts, impartiality and fairness.  I
totally agreed with the author concerning with broadcasting the alleged
affair of ASSK.  It was a shameful and grave mistake RFA can ever make.  I
believe no one would appreciate such kind of news. Even if it was true,
broadcasting such kind of news is tantamount to intrusion into private
life and maybe character assassination. No excuse for that.
  However, I don't see any wrongdoing by broadcasting Ma Thein Gi's
article published in Financial Tribune, and Nai Shwe Kyin's interview, who
is a chairman of New Mon State Party. RFA is doing its job within its
boundry because it has to provide a variety of opinions and voices and to
promote the rights of freedom of opinion and expression.  The author asked
for the accuracy, reliablity, impartiality, and fairness, but he himself
is not within those criteria.  For example, he said Ma Thein Gi might be
a hired person from the same office.  He doesn't know accurately who she
really is. Ma Thein Gi is a very refined and respestful Burmese lady and
well-known artist. She is dedicated to the cause by spending three
years in notorious Insein Jail for what she believes in.  She has been
under attack and labelled as a SPDC agent for expressing her very true
belief that sanctions don't bring democracy into Burma. Why couldn't she
make her opinion and why couldn't RFA air her article?  It is radiculous
and outrageous people label and censor people for their different opinions
and views.  You might not agree what they are saying but you hve to honor
their right.  Even she is a hired person by SPDC, I can appreciate her
article because I honor her right. Progressiveness in thinking and ideas
evolves by respecting different views, ideas, and thinkings, and debating
rationally and logically. Nai Shew Kyin is a repestful revolutionary old
guard. He spends his whole life for his Mon people. He is a true gentle
man among the ethnic leaders who I encountered with during my years in
jungle. He is very flexible, polite, and gentle, but firm in his belief.
He has every right to criticise what is going wrong in Burma and who are
responsible for it. You may agree or not agree what he said.  It is up to
individual. He became instantly a mercurial man because he critized ASSK,
Bo Mya, and Sein Win. At least, Nai Shwe Kyin became a leader of NMSP
based on their own party election. The author has only resources from News
and Media to make his points, leading to biased and one-sided argument by
committing character assassination to those who has different views on
sanctions.  If you dare to discuss the pro and con of sanction on ordinary
people, let's debate intellectually.  If you dare to accuse those ethnic
groups who did cease-fire with SPDC as counter revolutionary groups, let's
debate intellectually. You haven't gone through with those people and
their struggle for forty years. Be careful before you label those people.
If you think Bo mya is the only real revolutinary figure among the real
NDF organizations, let's debate about it.
  You can label me as a hired person by SPDC.
P.S. Personally, I don't care who is running the RFA.  I only care what
news and programs airing and those news and programs are design to provide
a variety of opinions and views leading to new democratic society of
Burma.

Myint Hlaing
Graduate School (School of Medicine)
Indiana University