a downward spiral

Dear burmanet-l subscribers,

Once again, we would like to remind all subscribers to respect other
subscribers by not posting personal attacks on burmanet-l.  If one person
posts a disrespectful message and is responded to with an equally offensive
reply, it creates a downward spiral of attacks, and subscribers begin
signing off in droves.  This cause-and-effect cycle is counter to the
mission of BurrmaNet.

In the past, we have refused to remove users from the list because we
believe that the open expression of opinions and ideas is quite valuable,
and we are happy and proud that burmanet-l provides this forum.  However,
if the attacks and "trash" postings continue, we reluctantly will consider
adjusting this policy.  If we make any change in this policy, we will
notify the entire list beforehand.

Please limit your postings to news pieces and thoughtful analyses so that
this listserv can serve as a useful forum for all subscribers.

Also, please note that everyone, whether pro-democracy or not, can
subscribe to burmanet-l.  It is an open forum, and we hope that a
constructive dialogue can take place here.

If you would like to only receive the BurmaNet News and no other postings,
you can switch to the burmanews-l list.  To do so:

send a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx

in the message body write:
unsubscribe burmanet-l
subscribe burmanews-l