Announcement about ethnic nationali

Dear Eric Snider,

Thank you very much for your mail. Here by I am reply about your some
questions. If you are not sertisified, please let me know.

Very appriciate for your interesting in the NDF.

For. NDF.
******************************

National Democratic Front. NDF

The meeting of the presidium of UNDF was held on the third week of April
1976 at Marnerplaw. (KNU Headquarters). The representatives of
nationalities from northern organizations such as Kachin Independent
Organization (KIO), Union Pa-O National Organization, Lahu national
Organization and New Mon State Party (NMSP) had attended this meeting as
observers. In this meeting four nationality organizations had proposed to
convene a nationalities seminar. Then the Presidium of UNDF decided to
convene the seminar and the meeting was adjourned.
In accordance with the decision, the nationalities seminar was convened by
UNDF on the first week of May, 1976, thirteen nationalities armed
organizations attended this seminar.

In this seminar, respective representatives of the nationality
organizations stated their positions and proposed to change the name of the
United Front NDUF to National Democratic Front, NDF. The seminar decided to
change the name of the United Front as proposed and to adhere to the
following principle.
Instead of the principle of establishing a genuine federal union based on
equality and self-determination, it was decided that it would adhere to the
principle of establishing a genuine federal union based on equality and
self-determination, and to establish separate Independent Sovereign States.
The seminar was successfully concluded on May 8, 1979.
Note- SUA the Shan United Army is a Kokang organization led by Khun Sa. Yan
Kyin Shwe attended this seminar as a representatives of this organization.

The emergency Congress of UNDF.

To rectify the decision resulted from the ethnic nationalities seminar, the
emergency congress of UNDF was held on May 9, 1976. The decision of the
seminar was rectified in this congress on May 10, 1976. And thus, the
United Front was then renamed "the National Democratic Front" NDF . The
member organizations of NDF are as follows;-
	(1) Arakan Liberation Party.			ALP
	(2) Karenni National Progressive Party.	KNPP
	(3) Kayan New Land Party.			KNLP
	(4) Karen National Union.			KNU
	(5) Shan State Progressive Party.		SSPP
	(6) Kachin Independent Organization.		KIO
	(7) Palaung State Liberation Party.		PSLP
	(8) Lahu National United Party.		LNUP
	(9) Union Pa-O National Organization.	UPNO

	The Main Objective of NDF

To establish a federal union based on the right of equality and
self-determination for all the nationalities such as Shan, Kachin, Karenni,
Arakan, Mon, Chin, Pa-O, Palaung, Wa, Lahu, ---etc; including Burmese. And
every nationality must be independent and have equal right to develop a
prosperous life for themselves and each nationality has right to establish
a separate Independent Sovereign State.
But 1982. NDF first congress held on June 23 to July 13. Has laid and the
following main objective
To establish a genuine Federal Union base on national equality and
self-determination for all the nationalities and to establish a new
prosperous and developing life having equality and independent for every
nationalities.

	The basic responsibilities.

1. To establish a Federal Union of states base in equality and
self-determination.
2. All the nationalities are having a common life. The Burmese people
suffer class oppression, but the remaining nationalities suffer both class
and national oppression. Therefore our  struggles are the struggles of
national independent, equality and for the development of a prosperous life.
3. We must strive together to abolish greater nationalism, military
beaurocratic dictatorship and the establishment of Unitary system which are
now practiced by the present day military junta that hinder the development
of equality, independent and a new prosperous life.
4. The essence of today's revolution of Burma is national independent and
democratic retention. Therefore we must establish the unity of national
liberation forces and democratic forces.
The responsibilities of National Democracy.
1. To establish Federal Union of States, having right of equality and
self-determination with a fair and just areas.
2. To form a National Democratic Government that safe guard the interests
of the nationalities and the people.
3. To abolish national oppressions and establish equality for all the
nationalities and a genuine national solidarity. To give a full democratic
rights t the people.
4. To install a land reform system that serve the interests of the farmers
and peasants.
5. To employ a progressive economic system which include foreign
investments that serves the national economy.
6. To raise the standard of living for all the people of nationalities, and
to give them cultural independent. (cultural, education, language,
literature.. etc)
7. To have freedom of worship and equality of all religions.
8. The Union Army are to be composed of security armed forces. From the
States and this army must be under the control of the general headquarters
of the Union. Every State must have their respective security and defense
forces.
9. The foreign policy shall be a peaceful and independent foreign policy.

The basic principles of NDF.

1. NDF is a United Front, which represents all the Ethnic Nationalities in
their national liberation struggles. NDF is run by collective leadership.
2. NDF professes the National Democratic line and is against all systems
that shall hinder progress for the Ethnic Nationalities of Burma.
3. NDF shall co-operate with all anti-dictatorship forces, human rights
groups, and religious institutions and world Peace Corps in its struggle.
4. NDF is striving for the unity of all the nationalities and shall
resolutely struggle against all systems of oppression.
5. In carrying out it duties and responsibilities, NDF shall put into
consideration, the international situation and correlate this to the
concrete social condition of the Ethnic Nationalities.
6. NDF was formed by various organizations adhering to the principles of
democracy and mutual interests.
7. Concerning the basic principles, NDF shall undertake its work with the
consent of all its members. The agreement so obtained shall be carry out
exactly and those that con not be agree upon, it must be pending for
further negotiation among its members.

Membership of the NDF

If an organization which have,
1. the exact program and line;
2. the central Committee to undertake the responsibility for it's program
and line;
3. the armed force;
4. the base area, that enjoy the support of the masses of people in that
area; and ,
5. accepted the right of equality and self-determination for all the
nationalities, could be a member of NDF.

The structure of the Union to be established.

1. In the new Union that has to be established, there must be Central
Government and State Governments.
2. The Central Government must have two Assemblies.
The National Assembly and the peoples' Assembly.
The National Assembly shall consist of equal representatives from the
States. The People's Assembly shall consist of the proportionate
representatives of the people depending on the population of the States.
3. The multi-party democratic system shall be practiced in the Union.
4. The Union Government shall be entrusted with the power to exercises
matters concerning national security, foreign relationship, transport and
communication and monetary affairs
5. The State Governments must be elected by full democratic system and the
election must guarantee the system, which having the right of
self-determination for the nationalities.

The organizational form of NDF

The NDF shall convene its Congress once in every four years. The Congress
elects the Presidium Board members which include the President, the
Vice-President and the General Secretary. The Congress is the highest power
organ of NDF. In the Presidium Board, 4 to 6 representatives from each
member organization can be enlist.
The Presidium Board shall hold a regular meeting once a year. The Board
shall elects its Executive Committee members to implement the work of NDF,
laid down in the program. There are five departments under the direct
control of the Executive Committee of the NDF, viz:- the Organization
Department, Military Department, Foreign Department Financial Department
and Economic Department.
Only one organization of an Ethnic Nationality can represent its
nationality in the organization of NDF. Every member of NDF has a full
right of self-determination. Every member of NDF, whether big or small or
regardless of strength, enjoy equal rights. Every member has a full right
of democracy and possesses one vote each to exercises its right in the
United Front.

The first Congress of NDF.

The first congress of NDF was held from June 23,1982 to July 13,1982.
General Saw Bo Mya (KNU), the President of NDF acted as Chairman. and
Vice-President Colonel Sai Han acted as Co-Chairman in the Congress. The
Secretary Khun  Tony (KNPP) and Assistant Secretary  P'doh Soe Aung (KNU)
acted as Masters of Ceremony for the Congress.

Second Congress of NDF.

	The second congress of NDF was held on May 25 to July 8, 1987 at NDF
Headquarters in Marnerplaw. The Congress was chaired by the President Saw
Bo Mya (KNU) with Gen.Zaw Saing (KIO) was acted as Co-Chairman. The Master
of Ceremony of the Congress were NDF Secretary Naing Hon Sa, and Saw Joshua
(KNPP).

The 3rd  Congress of NDF

	The 3rd Congress of NDF was held on June 24, 1991 to July 8 1991.at NDF
Headquarters, Marnerplaw. President Saw Maw Reh acted as Chairman and Kaing
Soe Naing Aung as Master of Ceremony for this Congress. The Associate M.C
was Naing Chan Dwet from NMSP.

The 4th Congress of NDF

The 4th Congress of NDF was successfully held at the Thai-Burma border on
February 7 to 15, 1997.
The delegates of member of organizations attending the congress.

Central Executive Committee members. (1997 to 2001)

1. President			Saw Shwe Hser		KNU
2. Vice Chairman		Ta Maha San			WNO
3. General Secretary		Khaing Soe Naing Aung	ALP
4. Joint General Secretary	Khun Okker			PPLO

Foreign Affair Dept. 	1. Dept. Head 	Saw David Taw	KNU
			2. Member.	Dr. Shwe Kah		CNF
			3. Member	B-Kya Oo		LDF
Military Affair Dept.	1. Dept. Head	Maj. Gen. Shwe Hser	KNU
			2. Member	Col. Khun Maung	WNO
			3. Member	Col. Aye Maung	LDF

Financial Affair Dept.	1. Dept. Head	B-Kya Oo		LDF
			2. Member	Khun Aung Chan Tha	PPLO

Social Affair Dept.	1. Dept. Head	Mai Aik Phone	PSLF
			2. Member	Saw Kaw Soe		KNU

Ethnic Nationalities Journal.

Before fall of Manerplaw, NDF published NDF Magazines by six monthly or
annually, according to the situation. In 1998 May, decided to publish on
journal by three monthly, this is "Ethnic Nationalities journal". This
journal aims and objectives are almost the same with NDF aims and
objectives. Especially, this journal is open express of the ethnic
nationalities of Burma.
Unfortunately, this first issue is only in Burmese, because of
difficulities of situations as well as sharing  for our Burmese peoples.

Thank you and Best Regard,

For NDF.