Attention to Burmese Communities in (r)

Dear Friends,
Burmese activists are not allow to live in the safe camp and many are
hiding in BKK and Kanchanaburi.  UNHCR rejected almost all new cases.
Current situation is not good for the Burmese activists who want
recognition from UNHCR as refugees.  In the past fromer ABSDF members
illegally stay in the safe camp and now the Thai officials pushed them back
to the border.  Also persons who are recognize as refugees are not allowed
to stay in safe camp.  Safe camp has been closed for the new commers since
last year.  It is very difficult for burmese refugees to get through this
barriers.  First the UN, second safe camp and the third INS interview.
Eventhough, we have a good life here, we still have a duty to help our
comrades.  You all need to write a letter to UNHCR main office in Geneva
and BKK office.
Here are the address of both INS and RRU but I could not get email address.
Ms. Nuan La Aw, Refuge Resettlement Unit(RRU), tel (226)2566147-50; fax
(226)2566151.  Mr. John Collin(INS), Counsellor for Refugee and Migration
Affair, Ambassador of USA, 14th floor Panjabhum Building, 127 Sathorn Rd,
Bangkok, Tel(226)2054579, Fax (226)2054375.  You'd better fax if you have
something to send them.

With metta

Htun Aung Gyaw