Attention to Burmese Communities in

Dear all brothers and sisters,
	Those who went through UNHCR process to be recognized as refugees
would know the situation in Bangkok and the UNHCR (BKK)'s inconsiderate
rejections.  UNHCR has continuously rejects most applications of asylum
seekers from Burma no matter whether or not they deeply involve in the
political struggle and they are discriminated against.  For example, in a
case, Moe Kyaw who was an ABSDF member and lost both his hands and
eyesights in a fighting, applied for refugee status in 1996 but he was
rejected by the UNHCR for any reson.  It is only one of a numerous cases
which UNHCR (BKK) does without having clear policy for recognition.  More
over, UNHCR designs bordercase wierdly which clearly just mean rejection.
UNHCR has been screening applications without clear policy.  That makes
the lives of the people really difficult in Bangkok.
	I think we all have collective strength to help ease the difficult
lives in Bangkok.  What we need to do is to organize ourselves to write
letters to UNHCR (Geneva) and UNHCR (BKK).  I think if we keep urging
UNHCR (Geneva), it can help the lives of Burmese in BKK.  Please don't
ignore those people who are mistreated both by SPDC, Thai government, and
UNHCR (BKK).  We can do something for them and please let do something for
them.

Yours sincerely,
Kyaw Zay Ya