Rally on Martyr's Day July 19 1998

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BDB051.6C02BC00

   =20
Dear ----------------------- , 15 JULY ,1998

We , the undersigned democracy and human rights organisations are =
planning to organize a peaceful demonstration in Tokyo , on July 19 , =
which is the 51st anniversary of MARTYR=92S DAY .Burma=92s national hero =
,Bogyoke Aung San ( general Aung San ) , father of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi =
, Burmese pro-democracy leader and Nobel Peace Laureate , and other =
national independence heros were assassinated on July 19 of 1947, just =
before Burma gained the independence to which they had dedicated their =
lieves.

As Daw Aung San Suu Kyi said , "When I honour my father, I honour all =
those who stand for political integrity in Burma",our purpose through =
this rally is to show our deepest respect for those reverend monks and =
people who have lost their lieves for the struggle for national =
independence and ,even more in order to share the merit of their deeds =
among all of us.

We would like to stage a peaceful protest to be alarmed that Burma=92s =
brutal junta has threatened to assassinate our beloved leader Daw Aung =
San Suu Kyi and is arresting elected representatives, and that =
international community must act quickly to safeguard Daw Aung San Suu =
Kyi and members of parliament or it could be too late.

SCHEDULE AND DIRECTION: