Julien Moe and NED

Dear Julien Moe

Thanks for the information relating to NED and NCGUB/FTUB affairs.

I do really doubt that NED will provide their funding and auditing
informations to any body or organisations. It is not binding under the
public information Act as it structures in such a way that falls into a
private enterprise Act.Therefore it has no legal obligation to answer to
the public inquiry.They are only answerable to CIA and then the CIA to the
congress.This is the same thing happening in Australia as well,only the
differences is in terminology. I suggest that is how the law makers are
using this kind of legal loopholes around the world.It is a saying in legal
environment " that is not right but that is no wrong either under the law "

This is how we little people of the world are treated under the law and
under the so call democratic system.You are free to to do anything as long
as you don't cross the line which you are bound by.There is no fair and
square beyound that line.That is what reality is in this part of the world.
"The material wealth is not everything" Aung San Suu Kyi. It comes at a
price.

----------
> From: moe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: : A CLARIFICATION BY THE NATIONAL (RP Investigation to)
> Date: Sunday, 12 July 1998 19:47
>
>  Dear Netters,
>                           I've been closely watching what's being
debated,
> argued and resolved on the Net regarding N.E.D's fundings to NCGUB and
> FTUB.And I believe it's time for me to point out what I do know. I'm a
> federal employee of the United States Government and accordingly I can't
be
> an activist but as I'm Burmese and these debates going on  for a while
are
> related to Burma, I feel  responsible  to express my knowledge based on
facts.

> First of all, let me tell you that N.E.D is known as a surrogate CIA by
the
> CIA employees.It's also a private, nonprofit, grant-making organization
> created in 1983 to strengthen democratic institutions around the world.
>
> Endowment programs in the areas of labour, business and political party
> development are funded through four core institutes: the Solidarity
Center,