ABSDO denounce Thai Govt !

Urgent statement of All Burma Students Democratic Organization ( Aust)
regarding the Burmese Students In Thailand.

-We members of ABSDO,terribly felt outrage from learning the report of
Burmese Student Association ( Rachburi) that Burmese students in Thailand
are being brutalized for their political belief . We would like to extend
our full support to those students as we had experience  in the same
circumstance when we were in Thailand.
- ABSDO denounce the Thai Authority over the brutal and inhumane  treatment
of Burmese students in Thailand

-According to a SBS Burmese Program in Australia on 1.7.98, Thai ministry of
Interior issued an order to expel the residents of the Burmese Student
Center at the last date of 6th of July 1998.
- We believe Thai govt should review their policy of forcing the Burmese
students and dissident out of the Burmese Student Center by 6th of July as
it is the only shelter for Burmese students , dissidents and ethnic peoples
to be able to live and survive from the severe hardship.

- We demand Thai govt to release all student prisoners in SDC and IDC.
- We appeal Thai govt to deal with the grievances from the student regarding
the maltreatment and insufficiency in the Burmese Students Center
 Rachburi).
-We demand Thai Govt and UNCHR to reinstate previous name of the camp ,
Burmese Students Center.
-We demand Thai govt to recognize the students , dissidents and ethnic
activist as genuine political refugees and treat them with due respect.
- we demand Thai govt to guarantee political freedom to the Burmese students
in Thailand to practice their non-violent political struggle against the
military dictatorship in Burma.
- We urge major NGOs , UNHCR , IRC and COERR to refrain from using Burmese
students as cheap labor and urge them to solve all the concerns .
-We urge Australian Ministry of Foreign to extend support for those students
in Thailand and request Thai govt for immediate halt to all forms of
mistreatment toward Burmese Students in Thailand.

We ABSDO will stage a strongest protest in front of the Thai Embassy in
Canberra  on 8th of July 1998 in support of Burmese students in Thailand.

We will be monitoring the events and reports from our comrades in Thailand
and launch international  campaign against Thai govt's policy and
maltreatment of Burmese students in Thailand.

Central Committee
2nd July 1998
Sydney , Australia

Further info.

Further info.
Maung Maung  Than    Ye Myint Tun               Toe Toe
0411337816                 0413812476              0416332499
ABSDO contact
Sydney ( NSW)
Ph           02 97282293
Ph          02 96462497