(no subject) (r)

The following resolutions were adopted by BWI in yesterday's July 30th
meeting, with Secretary of State, Mr. David Kilgour attending.

Official release of statement from Burma Watch International.

   "  Statement from Burma Watch International."

 Burma Watch International, ( a society for human rights ) in Edmonton,
Canada, would like to express our grave concern about the health and
safety of 1991 Nobel Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi who has been under
unlawful restriction by the military regime.

It is extremely regretful that a Burmese citizen is being prevented from
traveling in her own country.

We strongly support the NLD's call for the parliament to convene by Aug.
21st, and express our hope that dialogue be held between the
representatives of NLD and SPDC without preconditions.

 It is through dialogue that we can avoid confrontation and end the
heightening political strife in Burma.

 The second resolution was to commemorate the massacre of thousands of
peaceful protesters during Aug. 8th 1988 on the 10th anniversary in
front of the city hall in Edmonton. It would be 11 am Saturday Aug. 8th.

The media would be informed and a candle-light vigil is to be held
followed by a prayer service.

All are cordially invited to join us.

Fellow activists from Calgary , Ko Aung Myint , Ko Aung Myint Kyi , Ko
Than Htay , Daw Khin Than , Ko Aung Kyi Tun
Please come and join us.