Review of U.S. Policy toward Burma (r)

>From Richard A. Myint
Mountain View, CA

Except for size and population, Burma is similar to China in the three areas
important to the USA. Human rights, democratization, and trade (trade in
narcotics for Burma).

Since we are supporting "constructive engagement" for China, we do need to
reevaluate our policies towards Burma. Of course, we must demand that the
military government show real movement towards change and dialogue before the
Burmese Pro-democracy Movement can support the call for a change in US policy.