personal cult

Dear Burmanet readers,
I have seen the continuous trend of personal cult among the so-called
opposition groups in Burmese politics.  It is seriously dangerous in any
political organization and in any society.  History has proved it.
Putting the destiny of millions of people on the decision of any one
particular person is definitely wrong in any society.  Respecting the
leader and worshipping the leader are fundermentally different things.
To designate Daw Aung Sun Suu Kyi's birthday as Buma's Women's Day is
tantamount to personal cult. We don't need to promote her that much since
she has been an internationally  well-known figure.  Her birthday is
just special for her and her family. Who cares the birthday of President
Clinton or George Bush or Carter or even Nelson Mendella?  To have a
special day for Burma's Women is a good idea to promote the the plight of
Burmese women.  There are hunderd of thousands of Burmese women in the
brothals of Thailand. Burma has the highest rate of infection of HIV.  In
stead of promoting one figure to be a goddess, why shouldn't we celebrate
the very special day for Burmese women to promote the awreness of both
SPDC and NLD for the plight of Burmese women, especially in Thailand's
Brothals, and to request both sides to find a possible way to end it.
In short, to commenmorate a living person who hasn't proved yet the fact
that she could take all miseries away from  Burmese people, especially
women and children, by designating a very special day of Burma's Women's
Day is nothing but a dangerous cult. I am also very surprise the fact that
she accepted it. Even the nearest followers want to do so, she should have
refused it.Personal cult won't do any good for the cause and country.