The Burmese Abroad [Part 2]Re:Recen (r)

I believe that we should be allowed to:

1. Ask questions when we wish to know something because we believe the matter
is of concern to us. The person or organization to which the question is
directed should address the question. This may be done with an answer in
public (preferred) or in private (when subject matter is sensitive) or there
may be no answer (in which case there should be an explanation).

2. We should not be making accusations unless questions are assumed to be
accusations. The person making the accusation may have the facts but since not
all readers are privy to these facts, the accusation should not be made in the
public forum. The details as known to this person may or may not be true and
should be verified before being made public.

3. Public debate right or wrong is better than no debate. I always maintain
that the worst form of democracy is still better than the best (if there is
one) form of dictatorship.

4. The questions so far are directed at FTUB/NCGUB. I assume that they keep in
touch with BurmaNet New. We should give them a chance to respond.

5. If they respond, we can have a dialogue (conference) to clear the air. The
question is, what do we do if there is no response ????

6. I personally do not like the tone or the language used by some of our
activists regarding this issue. Please refrain from using language you would
not use with your family, especially the children. Please do not get in the
gutter with the enemy. I understand it is difficult, but we must learn to
behave in a public setting.

Please feel free to respond or comment directly to me at ramyint@xxxxxxxx

Thanks.