PRIORITY EMAIL. DEATHS IN CUSTOD

This went out to policy makers in Aus and many of its
parliamentarians. If you would like a copy of this Emailing
list, please ask, as we don't want to burden you with spam.

Priority Email, please copy and wave under politically
correct nasal passages..We have been asked to clarify
our position.

>From the Music Industry Human Rights Association.
LONDON.

8th June 1998

Dear Parliamentarians / Humanitarians,

For "services rendered" to the game or even the state?
We had hoped that we could retire from all of this? A life of
"modest luxury" on an island in the sun with a golf course?
One of which neither Jack Nicklaus nor Greg Norman had
been involved in regard to the forcible removal of natives,
as in Mustique during the sixties (as witnessed by no less
a person than Jimi Hendrix,) and more recently in Indonesia?

But, as we can't have one law for the ANC, and another for
East Timor and the rest of the more sports minded international
community. And as you can witness from our permanent signature.
Over 1999, we would ask you to "tie in" the following Australian
internal issue and add  your support in bringing an Olympic 2000
sports boycott to fruition..

The need for a triple stand braid. Burma, Indonesia and native
Australia. Raison d'etre? Are there not at least three human
rights improvements which need to be demanded during the
Millenium year?

It seems to our membership that the Australian Government
has two race based problems. One of these are shared by the
Government of the UK, the arming and trading with the Indonesia
of the past and probably,  considering the statements coming out
from Jakarta, also the future.

The other racially based problem is the many deaths in custody
of native Australians. And to this end we shall be contacting a
founder member John Pilger, and others who would wish
document and screen any internal protest inside Australia
itself. And if you wish to add your own knowledge of those
interested in the subject, so add. But please remember to tell
us when or if you are already satisfied that enough is being
done to improve upon the above death in custody ratio by
those with the power so to do.

Please be assured that the experience of some ex Anti
Apartheid Movement members at this end of the line can
assist you to bring a new focus upon this racial issue and
support those inside Australia and elsewhere who do not
subscribe to the British and Australian Governments ill
reputed humanitarian policies on Indonesia. And also
assist those that wish to avoid the development of what we
used to call, "broken glass" protest.

For connection to the East Timor protest groups in the USA
and elsewhere, contact

Lynn Fredriksson
Washington Representative
East Timor Action Network
etandc@xxxxxxxxxxx

or

Kristin Sundell, Field Organizer
East Timor Action Network
etanfield@xxxxxxxxxxx

or

John M. Miller         Internet: etan-outreach@xxxxxxxxxxx
Media & Outreach Coordinator, East Timor Action Network
PO Box 150753, Brooklyn, NY 11215-0014 USA;
Phone: (718)596-7668

For direct contact : London 181 742 2803
192 Chiswick Village
London W4 3DG.

>From where in 1987 we coordinated the first member of the
AAM news team to go underground in S Africa and assisted
a number of reasonably civilised and successfull sports
sanction campaigns. Boycott 2000?

On the above subjects and during these dark hours, your
daylight assistance would be most welcome.

Sincerely.

Roger Bunn

cc. High Commission, Australia House, London. A nice place
to gather a 5 day a week crowd for a few months?

ccc. N. Chomsky and Bev. Lord Avebury.
       Amnesty. HR Watch. Policy Offices.

Policy Office
Music Industry Human Rights Association
UK Homepage  http://www.cerbernet.co.uk/mihra

email mihra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mihra was founded during UN50 to advance and protect
creators rights in a cultural market monopolised by the
six member recording  / publishing Cartel. Mihra's roots
are in music and anti-racism and it has called for a sports
boycott of both Indonesia and Burma for the Sydney 2000
Olympic Games.