"'MYANMAR FAN CLUB' IN THE LIBERAL (r)

If we are talking "STRICTLY FOR BUSINESS" then there is no reason for concern
as Burma does not have the basic requirements that will encourage businesses
to risk doing business there. Only businesses with deep pockets and
exceptionally long term projects can survive for the short term, hoping for
change and the installation of business systems and infrastructure.

But if we really believe that Burma is of strategic importance because of its
geography and the need for a buffer between India and China we could
rationalize developing stronger relations with Burma. Then, the question is,
wouldn't it be easier to work with a democratic Burma.

If Japan and the USA with the support of the EU and Australia put REAL
PRESSURE on the Burmese Generals we could see change soon. Of course we in the
US would like to see equal pressure put on the equally repressive regime in
China.

Richard Aung Myint
Mountain View, CA