recent postings (r)

Dear MMT in Sydney,

Thank you for your recent message asking me to clarify the message I sent.
The key phrase in my message was "to respect other subscribers by not
posting personal attacks".  As you mention below, this is in line with your
own view of BurmaNet and its role in the democracy movement.  I believe
than an airing of all concerns is acceptable and appreciated.  The language
and spirit of some (not all) of these messages were, in my view, offensive
and counterproductive.  I by no means was suggesting that the topic(s)
should not be brought up; rather, I was urging those subscribers who post
messages to be respectful and constructive.

Regarding "rules of BurmaNet," it is our policy not to edit or block and
subscribers from receiving or posting messages.  Period.

Sincerely,
BurmaNet Editor