THE QUERIES REGARDING FTUB/NCGUB OR

8-Jun-98

There were some postings concerning with the work of FTUB/NCGUB
etc recently. I don't like to be a "head-kicker" nor I would
like to be a "baby-sitter". However, if someone wanted to question
somebody, they should join or approach those organizations directly.

One of the activity the FTUB currently being involved, as I read
from independent reports, is that the FTUB has filed lawsuit against
UNOCAL  in U.S. regarding with forced labour in Burma. There is also --
and I am sure that being a separate incidence -- frequent raids by the
Thai police on the NCGUB-nest in Nanthaburi in last few months.
We can easily understand what the FTUB/NCGUB are up-against
and probably need some funds to pay lawyers and to organize witness etc.
I think those organizations will be happy to tell about it if anybody is
interested. Those who wish to criticise any organization or question
their performance should at least study a little bit about them
before putting forward questions.

The other things concern me is regarding with the way matters
are being raised on the Net. I do think there are few fundamental
problems that need to be address as regard political activism in
general. I'll keep you posted that discussion soon. By the way,
I do work independently from the FTUB/NCGUB, but maintain contact
with them throughout 1992-to date.

Regards, U Ne Oo.
!                     drunoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx                         !
!          http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~uneoo              !