THE NATION: ETHNIC CLEANSING: Rape (r)

 If the government is really neutral, why they banned  Mon and other ethnic
language to teach in the school. I still remembered that when I was first
grade. I was forced to speak Burmese. If I spoke Mon, I had to pay fine for
25 pyar (cent).

Dear Ponnya,

I totally agree with you.  Burma need to learn from American education
policy.  Every students are encouraged to learn foreign or native language
in the US.  If Burman learn Mon language and Mon learn Shan language, it is
good for our country.  We all will understand each other and we will build
trust each other.  When we have a chance we will allow all ethnic people to
learn not only their language but also other languages too.

yours

Ko Htun