THE NATION: ETHNIC CLEANSING: Rape (r)

I strongly disagree the term "Burmanization" is belonged to all the ethnic
people in Burma. Burmanization is imposed by Burmese government which is
ruled  by majority Burman ethnic group. Burman is identified a majority
ethnic group in Burma. The term "Burman' came out after 1988 when most
ethnic groups tried to identify their ethnic identifications in Burma. We
also call
Bamar in Burmese. I am sure that most Burmans are feel not comfortable to
use this term for their own ethnic identification.  Mon is Mon. Bamar
is Bamar and so on.  They are differents in term of languages, culture,
and literature.  Those differents ethnic groups are forced to live
in one country. You can argue that Binlong  treaty was a consesus of all
ethinic group that wanted to live in one country as federation. But this
treaty has never been implemented. Eventually, all of these minority
groups became under control the Burmese government who most them are
Burman. Then the government implemented
"ethnic cleasing policy" or Burmanization policy". If the government
is really neutral, why they banned  Mon and other ethnic language to teach
in the
school. I still remembered that when I was first grade. I was forced to
speak Burmese. If I spoke Mon, I had to pay fine for 25 pyar (cent). This
kind of policy is totally ethnic cleasing policy. Yes, it true that their
some ethnic solidiers in Burmese Army. But they are not the one who
formulate the policy. They implement the policy. They have to becuase they
are hired or paid for to do that. Since most people of Burma are under
employement, poeple are eger to joint army becuase army are paid good.
Their are very few ethnic soliders in Burmese army. Instead of jointing
Burmese army, they are joining their ethnic resistance groups to fight for
their freedom. Please don't mixed up water and oil. Water can never be oil
and oil can never be water. If you want to discussion more about this
issue, please contact

Pon Nya Mon
Chairman
Monland Restoration Council