DIAL-A-DICTATOR GLOBAL ACTION DAY

BURMA: DIAL-A-DICTATOR GLOBAL ACTION DAY

May 27 1998

What is Dial-a-Dictator Global Action Day?

Its a world-wide day of fax-action on Burma - where you and your friends,
colleagues, relatives and anyone else who wants democracy in Burma, sends
faxes
to the dictators with one simple message: DIALOGUE with the democratic
opposition led by Nobel Peace Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi and with the ethnic
nationalities.

Why May 27?

On May 27, 1990 the people of Burma voted overwhelmingly in favour of the
National League for Democracy led by Aung San Suu Kyi.  But the military
regime
ignored the election results and still holds power. This junta is one of the
most brutal dictatorships in the world and is annually condemned by the United
Nations for widespread and systematic human rights abuse.

Where can I get a copy of my fax message to send to a Burmese dictator?

A single sheet fax message with the word DIALOGUE in English and the words
PLEASE HAVE TRIPARTITE DIALOGUE in Burmese is available on the Internet at:
<http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ebcn/dialogue.htm>http://www.xs4all.nl/~bcn/dialogue
 .htm
You will also find the available fax numbers there.

Simply download the file, print it off  from within your word-processor,
pick a
dictator and fax it away! Remember to adress the fax to the minister himself.
And fax it again and again!

If you do not have web-access, email bcn@xxxxxxxxx or bagp@xxxxxxxxxx and you
will get your copy by email or fax.

When should I fax a Burmese dictator?

Fax your Burmese dictator as many times as you like on May 27 within one of
these time bands:

8.00am - - 8.00pm  Rangoon
1.30am - - 1.30pm  London
2.30am - - 2.30pm  Amsterdam