No activity in Burma :US

The Asian Age: No Major activity in Burma: US

Washington, May 5: The United States on Tuesday said it has seen no
indication of any "significant Chinese activity" in Burma as asserted by
Indian defence minister George Fenandes.

"The US has seen such assertions by India and India media before, but have
not seen any significant Chinese activity of that nature in Burma,"
officials told PTI in reference to Mr Fenandes' statement on Sunday that
Chinese have set up a surveillance radar on Burma's Coco Islands 45 km
from the Andamans. Officials responded in similar fashion to the
possibility of the Chinese turning the island into their naval base as
mention by Mr Fenandes.

They neither confirmed nor denied Mr Fenandes's statement that China has
installed missiles in Tibet targeting India. "We cannot say whether the US
has any information based on intelligence....But we are aware of the press
reports" to that effect, they said.

The US envisages expert-level discussions on varied subjects identified as
"significant" between the two nations in the wake of Indian foreign
secretary K Raghunath's talks with key American officials in Washington
recently, they added. (PTI)

===
Burma Info(CCN)