INFORMATION SHEET No.A.0403(I)

                     No.A.0403(I)                            27 April 1998

(1)		Padaung-Taunggup Motor Road Put Back into Service in Rakhine State
		Padaung-Taunggup Road was an old one originally, and has already been
upgraded into a tarred one. It took two days and three nights to travel 55
miles from Padaung to Taunggup before, and now it takes only about three
hours. On completion of this road, the flow of goods from Yangon, Pyay,
Mandalay and other cities to Rakhine State will be swift and trading will be
brisk, and there will be an easy access to Thandwe, Ngapali, Kanthaya and Gwa.
The length of Padaung- Taunggup Road is 55 miles 3 furlongs including 50 miles
one furlong on the hill and 5 miles 2 furlongs in the plain.

(2)		Myanmar Delegation Leaves for Geneva
		Myanmar delegation led by Minister for Finance and Revenue left Yangon on 26
April for Switzerland to attend the 31st Meeting of Asian Development Bank
Board of Governors in Geneva from 29 April to 1 May.

(3)		Home Secretary of India Arrives
		A five-member Indian delegation led by Home Secretary of India Mr B P Singh
arrived Yangon by air on 26 April to attend the 5th Myanmar-India Civilian
Officials State Level Meeting.