Inhumane cruelty against minority M (r)

In a message dated 98-04-07 01:54:19 EDT, gawdech@xxxxxxxxxxxx write:

> 12 members of a family shot dead in Akyab?(The News Letter,March,'98)
>  RSO.

>  A Muslim family consisting of 12 members including two women and two
> children secretly made their way to Rangoon in a small mechanised fishing
>  boat by sea ruote in early February , 1998 as no Muslim is allowed to
>  travel to central Burma.

    Who told you that Muslims are not allowed to travel to central Burma.
There are
a lot of Muslims in Central Burma. If anybody do not believe it can go and
see.
And what are the names of these Muslim family. If this really happened, you
aught to know at least one of the names of that 12 family members.

> However, the engine of the boat went out of order and the boat was
> intercepted by a SPDC petrol boat. Since then the fate of the arrested
> persons has remained in mystry. Strong rumour has it that the patrol party
>  had not only looted the belongings of the Muslims but also secretly shot
>  dead all the family members after sexually assaulting the women.

    Who can witness that SPDC petrol boat intercepted the boat of that family.
These are baseless rumours. It is not unusual for some activists who post
baseless urmours and these rumours are distributed to other newsgroups by
some other activists.

>  It may be mentioned here that the ruling SPDC has restricted the travel
>  movement of Muslims in Arakan and none is allowed to go to central Burma.
> Any one found violating the movement order is liable to a penalty of Kyats
> 250,000  or a jail term of maximum 14 years. Some 14  Muslims who were
> caught at Taungup township of Arakan state while on their way to centrl
> Burma were also reported to have been shot dead.( News Letter January, 1998
> issue).

    I have never heard of this kind of restrictions. Shame on you both
gawdech@xxxxxxxxxxxx who post this rumours to BurmaNet and  "W. Kesavatana-
Dohrs" <dohrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> who forwarded  to social-culture-Indonesia and
social-culture-Malaysia.

OK