36th Anniversary of Military Takeov (r)

Re: Article submitted by Shan.

Yes, I agree and support your remarks on the Panglong Agreement. Marriage
without consent and also without the right to divorce or separate is what we
would get if we talk about a federation without reconcilliation and a
constitution that does not include the right to secede.

The advantages of being in the federation should be overwhelming both in the
minds and in the pocketbooks of all the people. The only way we can do this is
through a democratic system where all of the people will be equal, having fair
representation under the rule of law (based on International Standards). Not
the Asian Way or the Burmese Way as some would like us to accept, somehow
insinuating that the Asian and, or the Burmese deserves less.

And when I use the term Burmese (not Burman) I really do mean all of our
brothers and sisters resident within the boundaries of our beloved country
Burma.