who are responsible for the attack!

Dear friends,

It is very sad to learn that this attack is the most serious one
comparing the previous attack to refugee camps. One of my friends
informed me that the attack had been taken place more than an hour. The
fares were used for clear shorts. He said, the sounds of automatic
rifles, machine guns, M.79 and RPG launchers were exactly as a battle.
Even in the real fire-fight in the field participating two sides of
armed personals, we can say, 'it is a big contact'. Now I just can't
imagine how these butchers shot unarmed refugees with different weapons
for more than one hour. It was sorrowful to learned that SPDC troops
kidnapped some refugees. I dare not think how those people would be
treated, especially women.

It is nothing to question that SPDC is responsible for the attack. But
my point is what Thai security forces were doing at that time. Those
SPDC troops were not just a platoon. They were a part of a column
consisting of seven battalions which is heading towards KNU no. 7
brigade area. They did not just skip immediately before the attack. They
crossed the border more than seven hours before the attack. What were
Thai forces doing? What did they do during the attack? Did they fight
the invaders? Did they call reinforcement? Did they call fire-support?
All questions are answered, NO.

Yes, they just let the SPDC troops come in and butcher the refugees.
This is not their first time. But they might think that this kind of
attacks will force the refugees to go back into Burma. They think that
Thai authority does NOT have to face the international community. They
just say, 'Oh, too bad, it's DKBA o..r probably SPDC.'But this time is
very apparent that Thai authority ignore the attack at least or there is
prior arrangement.
Now it is time to say something to Thai authority. It is beyond what the
people on the border can do. Please act something towards Thai
authority. Please denounce this kind of acts. Please save the lives of
innocent people.

Tykemoung

Please redistribute this message to the various net servers regarding
Burmese affairs.

>From notes@xxxxxxx Tue Mar 10 23:02:13 1998
>Date: 10 Mar 1998 22:11:58
>From: mandalay@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: SPDC/DKBA burnt down refugee camp
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>According to Karen Refugee Committee source, Huay Kaloke aka Kawmoora
>refugee camp was burnt down this Morning, March 11, 1998 at 1 a.m. Thai
>Time. According some sources sounds of gunfire were heard at the time.
one
>refugee was said to be burnt to death. At the time of writing this
report,
>there were many wounded who were being sent to the Maesod hospital.
>The burning was believed to be the work of the Democratic Kayin
Buddhist