INFORMATION SHEET NO.A-0324(I)

To All Burmese !!

See, still no reported news about Than Shwe's claim on low-level
meetings with the opposition in Burma. As I've suspected, perhaps all
these are one of those tongue twisting news designed to wiggle out from
any possible pressure from the ASEAN's grouping and the world's
community.

Minn Kyaw Minn
--------------

>From notes@xxxxxxx Fri Feb 20 04:22:25 1998
>Date: 20 Feb 1998 01:48:37
>From: OKKAR66127@xxxxxxx
>Subject: INFORMATION  SHEET  NO.A-0324(I)
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>INFORMATION  SHEET
>
>NO.A-0324(I)                                   20th February   1998
>
>(1)		Senior General Than Shwe and Daw Kyaing Kyaing Conclude State
Visit to
>the Philippines
>		Goodwill Myanmar delegation led by Chairman of the State Peace and
>Development Council of the Union of Myanmar Senior General Than Shwe
and Daw
>Kyaing Kyaing arrived back at Yangon on 19 February by special flight
after
>paying a State Visit to the Republic of the Philippines from 17 to 19
February
>at
>the invitation of  President of the Republic of the Philippines Fidel V
Ramos
>and Madame Amelita M Ramos.
>
>(2)		Myanmar Nurses Association Conference Opens
>		The 43rd Conference of Myanmar Nurses Association commenced
>on 19 February at the Institute of Nursing with an address by Minister
for
>Health Maj-Gen Ket Sein.  The association which has entered its golden
jubilee
>this year has 82 branches and 9,000 members nationwide.  Its membership
>strength as there are over 20,000 nurses, midwives and health personnel
in the
>entire Myanmar.
>The Government in its efforts to render all-round assistance for the
>betterment of nurses has provided a 3.323-acre plot in Dagon Myothit
South
>Township to build
>a home for retired nurses who have no one to depend on.  The conference
>continue till 22 February.
>
>(3)		Premier Oil Presents Cash Donations to Ministry of Culture
>		Premier Oil Myanmar Led presented US$ 3,000 to the Ministry
>of Culture for the programme to turn out new generation artistes.  The
cash
>donation ceremony was held at the Ministry of National Planning and
Economic
>Development.
>
>OFFICE CALLS IN YANGON ON 19 FEBRUARY
>(A)		Chairman of Myanmar Investment Commission Vice-Admiral
>Maung Maung Khin received General Manager of Mitsui & Co Ltd of Japan
>Mr S Takaku and party at his office.
>(B)		Minister for Energy received Chairman Mr Toshio Kawachi and party
of
>Kinsho-Mataichi Corporation of Japan at his office.  Similarly, the
minister
>received Chairman of Daewoo Corporation of Korea Mr GilYong Um and
party and
>Chairman of Ace Pressureweld International Pte Ltd Mr Willy Kwan and
>party.
>		The Minister also received Asian Energy Study Delegation led by
>Councillor of Japan Productivity Centre for Socio-Economic Development
Ms
>Noriko Kimoto at his office. They discussed energy sector.
>(C)		Minister for Cooperatives received Senior Trade Advisor Ms Saeko
>Kinoshita of Japan External Trade Organization  (JETRO) at his office.
The
>minister also received lacquerware experts led by Mr Takuji Ogimura of
OISCA
>of Narakawa, Japan.  They discussed markets for Myanmar handicrafts
including
>lacquerwares in Japan, technical assistance for preservation of Myanmar
>ancient
>artifacts, cooperation for proficiency improvement of instructors of
Myanma
>Lacquerware Institute and exchange of technology.
>(D)		Minister for Communications , Posts and Telegraphs received
>Vice-President Mr Bruno Ette and party of Bosch Telecom ( Thailand ) at
his
>office.
>(E)		Minister for Hotels and Tourism received Director of Singapore
>Tourism Board Mrs Pamelia lee at his office.
>(F)		Minister for Commerce  received  Chairman of Golden Glory Company
Mr Low
>Kim Yong at his office.
>(G)		Minister for Home Affairs received Regional Representative of
>International Committee of Red Cross Mr Henry Fournier at his office.
>(H)		Minister for Industry-1 received General Manger Mr S Takaku and
party of
>Mitsui Co of Japan at his office.
>(I)		Minister for National Planning and Economic Development received
>a delegation for Automobile Industry, under the arrangement of Work
Committee