News from Indian Paper (r)

Suu Kyi Pleads for Aid for Refugees
The Asian Age

Bangkok: Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi has called on foreign
governments and humanitarian organizations to give priority to aiding
refugees who have fled military oppression.

The Nobel Prize laureate asked government to help ethnic refugees to make
a new life in foreign countries, a statement from the Alternative ASEAN
Network in Burma received here on Saturday said. "I would like to appeal
to NGOs to do what they can to help our Karen and ethnic refugees who have
had to leave their homes and try to scrape together a form of living in
foreign lands." The statement said Ms Aung San Suu Kyi made her appeal in
the run-up to celebration of the country's 51st anniversary of national
union on Thursday. (AFP)

Burma Info(CCN)
New Delhi.