Royalties for Nats? (r)

It is a nice suggestion that the Britain-Burma Society web site should do some
portraits of Nats as well as real people, and we must get round to it some time.

In the mean time, though, those political figures who appear on our Profiles
page do look rather "natty" in their best clothes.

It was kind of you to draw my attention 10 days ago to Anna Allot's award of
an OBE in the New Year Honours, so that it could go straight onto the "News"
section of our web site.  She has all our congratulations.  For the benefit of
anyone who does not know her, may I say that Mrs Allott, who received her OBE
for "services to British-Burmese relations" was secretary of the Britain-Burma
Society for 16 years; she taught Burmese at the London School of Oriental and
African studies for more years than that, and is prominent in many other ways too.
(Cf profile of her on <http://www.britainburma.demon.co.uk/Council/Committee.htm>)