Royalties for Nats?

My dear Derek,

   I am amazed that illustrations of Nats are copyrighted. Who gets
the royalties? Or are they all placed under a tree, in a hole in a
wall, places like that? Or are these the very latest transgenic nats,
fully owned by some pharmaceutical company? (After the cloning on
Dolly, Polly, and Molly, I ask where is the Lolley?)

   The FCO would, I am sure, feel miffed that you had heard of
Mrs. Allott's appointment from me - you have to look in the FCO
list, not The People's Honours. It is actually quite a success,
because when the idea was put up, one consideration was that the
state of Britain-Burma relations might be too tense and get in
the way. Still, with the fiftieth anniversary of independence
on 4th January, and the founders of the BBS so closely associated
with it, it is altogether a fitting appointment.

   Tigers roar well in advance.

   Yours ever,

      Douglas Rogers.