HITTING BELOW THE BELT PRINCIPLE TA

Ven. Khaymar Sarra

All Burma Young Monks' Union

HITTING BELOW THE BELT PRINCIPLE TACTICS OF SLORC

ACKNOWLEDGMENT

I would like to express my grateful thanks to my colleagues who have been
struggling for democracy and human rights in Burma and friends from all over
the world who show their syampathy and support to our struggle.

This book would not have been possible without their kind contributions and
assistance.

The Writer

First Edition, 1000 copies

December, 1997

Advised by Dr. Ashin Okantha

Cover Photo Dominic Faulder

Published by All Burma Young Monks' Union (HQ)

P.O. Box 48, Chiang Mai University

50202, Thailand.

Ven. Khaymar Sarra

All Burma Young Monks' Union

HITTING BELOW THE BELT PRINCIPLE TACTICS OF SLORC

CONTENT

³ Foreword - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1

³ Derogatory attack spread by Mr. Htoon Shwe - - - - - - - - - 3

á Opportunist Daw Suu, attempting to gain position - - - - - 8

á Where was Daw Suu & what had she been doing? - - - - - 12

á When, if ever, did Daw Suu try to help Burmese People? - - 14

á Daw Suu, not an educated person - - - - - - - - - - - - - 19

á Nowhere in the world

has anyone heard of Daw Suu urging for peace;

Daw Suu has never ventured

to achieve peace for humanity;

She has never written

even a letter concerning peace - - - - - - - - - - - - - 24

á Mr. Michael Aris, a Tibetan, a Jew - - - - - - - - - - - - 35

³ In a Nut Shell - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 38

<Picture><Picture><Picture>

A SHORT BIOGRAPHY OF

THE VENERABLE

ASHIN KHAYMAR SARRA

Venerable Ashin Khaymar Sarra was born on September 10, 1956, in an Arakan
village on the far western side of Burma. After finishing his schooling in
the village primary school, he became a novice in 1984 through the support
of his parents.

He studied Buddhist literature, in both Burmese and Pali, in Arakan State,
Pegu, Rangoon, and Mandalay, in Buddhist monasteries renowned for scriptural
scholarship. In 1971 and 1972, he taught Buddhist literature at a monastery
in a remote area of Karen State. Since 1974, he has produced numerous
articles for monthly papers and journals.

In the 1988 democracy uprising and human rights movements, he participated
in the formation of the All Burma Young Monks' Union and joined in the
struggle with other workers and students. He left Rangoon for the liberated
area on October 30, 1988, following the regime's shameless seizure of power
on September 18, 1988.

He has subsequently visited Asian and European countries to share his
experience and knowledge of the human rights situation in Burma. He
continues his work as a writer and in the movement, as the Chairman of the
All Burma Young Monks' Union in the liberated area, endeavouring to achieve
the harmony of democracy, human rights, and peace in Burma.

|  http://www.freeburma.org/lokanat              |
|  http://www.freeburma.org/lokanat/burmese.htm  |
|   It's possible to read in Burmese language    |
|   at the moment in our Home Page.              |
|   You can ask Burmese Fonts if you wish.       |