ARCO and Foundation Money

ARCO' s Partnership With Murderous SPDC Regime in Burma Continues to
Tarnish Image

Although we cannot mention the specifics of either case we can say for sure
that:

1.  The ARCO Foundation recently offered to give a nonprofit organization
money.    They were turned down specifically because the organization did
not want to take money that was connected to ARCO's activities in Burma.

2.   A newly formed foundation was in the process of building an advisory
board and was considering including a high-ranking ARCO executive on its
board.  However because of the work of others involved in the process, the
ARCO executive was not invited to sit on the board.   Again, this was
specifically because of the company's involvement in Burma.

Congratulations and thank you to involved in both these small but important
victories.    The public is becoming more and more educated about ARCO's
involvement in Burma and the company is being confronted with it at every
turn.     Keep up the great work.

Kevin Rudiger
Burma Forum, Los Angeles

Kevin Rudiger